Many of you reading this are probably sitting, which means you might fall into the one third of the population that experience a very common
- You’re not going to get shredded or strong in one workout, one week or even a month. It takes many CONSISTENT months and YEARS to build long lasting quality muscle.
- This is one of many reasons why New Years Resolutioners don’t accomplish their fitness goals. They’re thinking I’m going to go to the gym 4-5x a week until March. Then once March comes around, and they have little results to show for, they give up. Think short-term goals that will lead to long-term success. Such as drink more water this week, or try 4 new workout classes this month, or work on some of my lagging body parts twice a week for 2 months. Short-term goals are easier to achieve and will keep you going.
- 2 of the most important factors in fitness are frequency and consistency. Frequency means how many times a week are you exercising (4-5 X at least). Consistency means working out every week, not taking a week off every month or two. These 2 factors go hand and hand. You should never take a week off!
- There are 168 hours in a week. If you exercise 4x a week for 1 hour at a time that’s less than 4 % of your week. No excuses!
- It’s good to take it one week at a time and one workout at a time , patience is important when sticking with a resistance training program. As long as you are aware that it is a lifelong process and not a one or two month push!
- With all the information out there in the world about fitness, people can feel overwhelmed. It doesn’t necessarily matter who knows the hardest workout or is doing the best diet. It doesn’t matter what high-end gym you go to or how much your Personal Trainer cost. It doesn’t matter what type of expensive workout clothes you are wearing or where you buy your groceries. None of that stuff means nothing, if you aren’t going to the gym frequent and consistent.
- Understand that you will be going to the gym and exercising for the rest of your lives, unless you want to be weak, have brittle bones and not be able to spend your hard earned money on hobbies and traveling. Not to mention be healthy and have a great quality of life.